[HG-PBEM] Re: At the Trash....

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:23:13 -0600 (MDT)

Robb Neumann said:

> By now, Tina had guessed that Rohgen wasn't very interested in playing
> along.  His attitude pointed to a healthy disrespect for authority, and
> unfortunately, getting the parts the team needed was much more
> important than dealing with her fellow crew's personality quirks and
> childish rebellion instincts.
>
> Stepping between Rohgen and the guard, she replied, "We require
> additional parts for our gears."

"You're tags match those we have on file for the Redliners," the guard
replied. He then smiled. "Still, I had to ask." The guard seemed friendly
but professional.

The other guards approached and nodded to the lead guard, save one. That
guard stopped at Tina's and Rohgen's truck and pulled back the tarp
covering the cargo bed as if to inspect.

Alongside the guard was a sniffer, similar to the webbled hoppers used in
the South. This one had less armor covering it's body then those of the
Humanist Alliance, showing off its cybernetic implants. With a snap of the
guard's voice, the creature disappeared under the truck and reemerged a
few moments later, remaining silent, its eyes catching Tina's gaze. There
was a strange gleam in the sniffer's eyes, an ethereal consciousness that
seemed to transcend a mere animal.

Satisfied, the last guard looked up and spoke, saying, "The trucks' look
clean, sir."

The lead guard raised his arm and the front gates into the compound slowly
rolled open. "Thanks for your cooperation. You're free to go in." He
gestured throught he open gate. "Follow the road to your third right and
head south till you reach warehouse Alpha-13. You can park your trucks and
start your parts aquisition from there."

[...]

Dennis D. Kirkpatrick
Littleton, CO USA