[amc] Re: FW: Letters of Support Re: Hyattsville Mennonite Church

  • From: "Garland Robertson" <lauralarue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:13:39 -0600

I feel a great sense of sadness that the congregation that "welcomes all
people" would be disciplined.  I can't help but have the image of Jesus saying
"all those without sin cast the first stone."  I have read Ray and Janice's
comments and agree with them.   I  personally know and love both men and women
that have different sexual preferences than I have and I value them for living
their lives with integrity and honesty.   Who am I to judge them?

There are plenty of people speaking out about the war.....so, I guess I will
speak out about this issue.   For the record, I would proudly sign my name to
the letter in support of the Hyattsville Mennonite Church and the statement
written at the bottom of the letter asking for an end to discipline of churches
that embrace all people.

Laura