[amayausers] Re: thread breaks

  • From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Amayausers@Freelists. Org" <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 09:11:10 +1000

Ron,

Your post is a gem. Couldnt agree more

Anand

We have always been Melco machine based,
I still own a 4 head EMC collecting dust
and a one head melco with the tajima head.

We were very close to buying into tajima since it was so good at hats
At that time, around 4 years ago the new Amayas came out and we
drove four hours to have a look. I was very impressed and realized that
right off the bat this machine was running twice as fast as mine were
and this was according to reports, not a max speed that you can never
really achieve but and everyday running speed 1200 SPM.

The real kicker was I could run all my old designs since we had always been
Melco.
and that the settings could be monitored and duplicated. and the machines
could be
networked together, and didn't have to be run by a small control panel
on the machine itself.

The down side was I stepped big and bought 4 right off the bat to replace my
4 head.
My production went up so much that on a regular basis we seldom run 4 at
once.
Generally 2 or 3 at a time with my one operator.
I could have saved $10,000 and used it to upgrade my design shop but
hindsight is 20/20, right?

Anyway, I like the higher tech, than the felt washer system, All the
commercial machines out there
are capable of great sewing, You go with what is comfortable. We are a small
shop that
does a lot of single piece sewing, single heads made more sense, it made
more sense NOT
to change formats after 1 years of designs, Melco DOES have a great
reputation for customer service.

If you look hard enough you will find bad things and scenarios about every
business out there,
think of what the customer is saying about your business, after you pick
your worst customer interaction
you can remember, Not that I didn't try but I but he has nothing nice to say
about us.
I can also point you to many that think my company can walk on water!!

It just boils down to personal preference,
You will bet that you will find mostly fans at this forum,
you will find many melco haters at a tajima forum and so on and so on,

Bottom line (in my opinion) if you have to talk yourself into new technology
this much, then I would go with the more traditional tech, if you go in
apprehensive you will probably not have a good experience.

Many of us on the list went in very excited about our new machines and dealt
with
a lot of issues and learning curves that were unbelievable. But, here we all
are,
and I'm smiling ear to ear every time I walk out and see my red beauties
pumping
out the stitches at 1200 SPM, day in and day out for the last four years
with virtually
no down time what so ever.

The above info is strictly my opinion and not intended to offend just
illustrate.

Good Luck with your choice.

Ron Vinyard
Body Cover / Magic Stitches

1-888-435-0176
541-471-1504 Fax 541-471-0427

420 SW H Street, Grants Pass, OR 97526-2532

info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.bodycoverdesign.com