[amayausers.com] Re: thread breaks

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 23:59:47 UT

This message was posted by sschroed2 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/352.html#000003

I have experienced the same problem.  I ended up having my entire thread feed
roller assy replaced and it got much better.  But I still have the same
problems periodically.  Especially the thread pulling out of the needle after a
trim. And it doesn't do it on the same needle or at the same trim point every
time on a design.  I can run a design 20 times and it may do it on anywhere
fron 2 to 10 of the sewouts.  I'm beginning to think it's more related to the
thread.  My tech explained how many times the thread moves back & forth through
the needle during the sew process and what I seem to see is a slight rub on the
thread which then begins to fray.  I have the problems more when the thread is
split after a trim.  So will tell you it's related to the way the design was
digitized, I don't believe that when it's not consistent.  I use only Melco
poly thread & I love the colors and sheen, but I think the thread has room for
improvement.

Sorry I can't help, but sometimes it helps just to know you are not alone.
However as a after thought.  DEFINITELY check your needle alignment, & check
for burrs on the needle (drag your finger nail down the edges of the needle, if
there's a burr you will feel it.  My tech talked me into a Tecra Tool
magnifying light which I use to align my needles.  Don't try to align the
needle eye, instead align the grove that is on the needle at the top where it
slides into the needle bar.  It's much easier to see & get centered.  Also,
I've had brand new needles that I had trouble with & just throw them away and
grab a new one.