[amayausers] Re: circle fill background for logo...

  • From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:25:50 -0500

I know who it is...  It's "Green Giant".  The corn and peas company.  Am I
right??
Peter,
        Consider a fill simply under the lettering itself.  Possibly a
rectangle,
or a square maybe with rounded corners, or an oval.  This is what I call
"Artistic License".  Depending on how many letters there are or what the
final design would look like, you might try the "shadowing" effect behind
each letter with a bright color like white.  Or for that matter, digitize an
outline around each letter which would look just like shadowing but would be
balanced behind the letter on all sides.  This is usually done in puff
embroidery on caps.
        As for the fill without the satin stitch going around the fill..., I
would
have to say it's simply a matter looks.  The satin column stitch gives the
fill a "framed" appearance.  I like them but have done designs without them.
Say you do a design with "grass" as a fill stitch.  I wouldn't use a satin
stitch around the edge on that.  It would look too boxy(?).
        Another option would be to not sew on those colored shirts.  If the
company
is that definite with the color of the letters, then they might show the
same inflexibility with the color of their shirts?  Only a suggestion.
Ed

Ed & Maralien Orantes
E.M. Broidery
900 Terry Parkway, Ste. 200