[amayausers] Re: What PC is needed to run Amaya XT?

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:25:11 -0400

I've had techs up here twice working on my versacamm printer/
cutter...and they ALL use a laptop to run the system during testing
and all that. And the operating program for THAT baby calls for
minimum ONE GIG OF RAM to operate. I tried it on a computer with 636
(had some extra chips in it) and if we touched any key while printing-
it would screw up! So we just boosted that one to 1 gig, bought
another with 2 gig and THAT works fine.
But I need 1 computer just for the graphic program alone-can't tie up
1 with designing AND printing...
Go for the ram-all you can stuff into your computer-it IS cheap and
usually a top notch computer supplier will throw in FREE ram upgrades.
Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
fax 603-543-9902
(fax machine is NOT turned on 24/7-only during normal business hours
Mon-Fri., 8 am -5 pm)
www.sunrisegraphics.org
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx