[amayausers] Re: What PC is needed to run Amaya XT?

  • From: Steve Griswold <stevegriswold@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:57:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
  Thanks.

I have 1 gig memory in my design machine.  100 gig hard drive, etc.  So that
one I know will run Design Shop Pro+.

But the laptop I have for the two Amaya XT machines that needs to run the OS
for them is the one I need help on.  The laptop I have will do nothing else but
run the XT machines.

  It has Windows XP

  2.20 GHz Celeron Processor
120 MB RAM

  Sounds Like I need to get more RAM.

  Thanks,
  Steve

HK Acree <hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Steve,
No puter guru here but have been told 128mb ram is the bare minimum to run
XP. I have 1 gig ram in the machine with DS and 512 meg in the OS machine.
No problems on either. Get as much ram as you can stuff into the DS machine.
Makes things work faster, especially on large files.

Herb
Royal Embroidery