[amayausers] Re: Training

  • From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:29:23 -0400

Hi Aaron/All:

My wife took the training in NJ and felt it was very useful, even though
like I mentioned previously that they might have covered more
troubleshooting... But there is only so much you can fit in so many days.  I
think like someone said, it's a bit overloading and that taking copious
notes helped.

We had previously had a small home business that we wanted to grow, and used
(and continue to use) a Brother ULT2002D home embroidery machine which cost
us about $3k.  It still does a great job but works very differently from the
Amaya.  Some of our early problems have come from un-learning all that we
knew from the Brother machine regards to tension and material thickness.  We
wanted to take the business to the next level and searched for about 6
months looking for the right machine.  A friend of ours had a Melco and
recommended them highly and spoke very highly of the service department.  I
can tell you, it was very hard to make a decision what to buy.  Brother had
just released a commercial version of our home machine that had many of the
same features and we were tempted to go with that but the AMAYA wowed us for
better or for worse ;) .  It looked like nothing else out there and the "as
many as you add" idea sounded appealing for a growing business.  That and it
looked like "Johnny 5" from the movie "Short Circuit" which made it cool...
>From a guy's standpoint! ( http://www.johnny-five.com/ )

Just so you all know, over the last few days with Aarons help and others,
the quality of sew outs is improving and thread breaks seem to be down. I'm
still not 100% satisfied, but things are looking up.   I will keep you
posted on our progress.  I am keeping an open mind and really want this to
work out!

- - - - - - - -
John Yaglenski
Levelbest Embroidery

I: www.levelbestembroidery.com
P: 301.591.2481
P: 888.229.1779
F: 781.998.6473

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Levelbest,
immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an e-mail to
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -- and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.  Thank you.

: I have a curious question for everyone.  How many of you took
: the free training Melco offers with the purchase of your
: machine.  If you took the training do you feel it helped and
: If you took the training do you feel it helped and
: also if you could let us know if this is your first
: commercial machine or if you have had others as well.
:
: I do some demo's here on the AMAYA and that always seems to
: be a question that is asked.  I have been embroidering for
: around 8 years now and have ran several other machines before
: the amaya so when I bought mine I really
: didn't feel the training was necessary and never took it.
: Actually I have
: never taken any in my life except from my mom and dad who
: taught me the ins and outs of embroidery and I just went from there.
:
: By the way, today is the day they are supposed to shut the
: old list down so I just want to mention one more timke for
: everyone to send posts to amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or your
: post won't go through :)
:
: Aaron Sargent