[amayausers] Re: Training

  • From: "Ron Vinyard" <ron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:08:03 -0700

We are Custom screenpriters
in business for 16 years now
we purchased the business from people we shared
rental space with. they had a tired Melco 1 head and a 4 head emt
for the onesy twosy stuff we do on a daily basis a multi head machine
made very little sense, I was looking at either spending a chunk on upgrading
the current machines (since both need work) or I saw the new Amayas
single heads that could work as a multi head unit. So since it was Melco
I wouldn't have to spend lots of money trying to convert the thousands
of designs to a new format. we stuck with Melco. In any advertisement from
Melco it seemed to be what the company was banking on and other choices
were hard to investigate, I wanted new and Melco so our choice was Amaya.
I had no formal training in EMB.. other than watching the other people run the
machines
I REALLY wanted to take training but being the head honcho in a shop with
5 others waiting for you to tell them what to do, I couldn't spare 4 or 5 days
to fly to LA for training and couldn't afford the flight either.
We figured buying 4 machines was the logical choice to replace a 4 head machine.
Wrong!
My biggest issue was at the beginning until after I signed papers that It was a
very
gray area and not explained well that I had to buy a dongle for each machine to
run
them as a single head, which sucked! I still don't even understand the mentality
of that one, but they've since changed the format of that and tout it as a new
breakthrough
in technology, after owning the machines I don't understand the whole linking
together anyway.
I was sold on the advertising of it, Later I realize, duh! I just load the same
design in all machines
when one breaks the rest run! this is not ground breaking technology, this is a
corporation making
$4000 a dongle! that whole scenario made me realize that I forgot about getting
no training,
I think it would be nice if you didn't get training then they should cut you
some slack
or refund the price of it.
Oh well just me whining,
These babies are a big learning curve and I don't mind the computerized thread
feed system
but I wish they would focus more on the sew quality on hats, that seems to be a
good
portion of the complaints form this list at one time or another.

Rant over...

Sincerely,  Ron Vinyard
Owner, Graphic Designer

Body Cover Design Screenprinting
Magic Stitches Embroidery

420  S.W. "H" Street
Grants Pass, OR  97526-2532  USA

www.bodycoverdesign.com
1-888-435-0176 Toll Free
1-541-471-1504 Local
1-541-471-0427 Fax

All outgoing e-mail certified Virus-Free
by Norton Internet Security 2004
updated weekly.