[amayausers] Re: Patches

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:32:39 -0800

I buy blank patch material from Troy Corp http://www.troy-corp.com/ and
setup my biggest hoop to sew as many at one time as possible (usually 16-20
depending on size).  You have to make sure to leave around 1/2" space
between patches to make room to have them merrowed.  Once I have them sewn I
send them to Andrew at Salem Emblem Shop ( 503-362-5333) and have them
merrow them (usually $.75 to $1.50 each depending on qty and size).  This is
way easier than buying already made patches and trying to line them up and
get everything centered on each one.

If I have 4 weeks and the order is for 100 or more (I think their minimum is
50) I have Patch Supply Inc http://www.patchsupply.com/ do them overseas.
They are out of California but have the patches made overseas.  They use
Madiera Poly thread and do good, quality work.  I had 150 patches with 16k
stitches done for about $2.50 or $3 each, can't remember now but know they
are very reasonable if you have the time.

I am leaving for the weekend so if anyone needs more info on this I will be
back on Monday.  Have a great weekend.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx