[amayausers] Re: Patches ?

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:37:29 -0700

Bob,

I ordered a twill type material with backing on it specifically for patches.
Andrew at Salem Emblem refered me to the place to get this and I can look it
up and give to you if you need it.  I usually hoop the material in one of
the large wood hoops and run 12-25 (depending on patch size) at a time.  You
have to be sure to space them out enough to merrow the edges when done.   I
usually space mine between 1/4' - 1'2" from each other.  When I am done I
send them to Andrew at Salem Emblem and he Merrows them for around $0.75 a
patch which includes cutting them out.

If you are wanting to embroider on already made patches its a little
different (I don't do these as they are a real PITA)  To do it this way I
scan in the patch so I know the exact size.  I then digitize a walk stitch
around the border, sew that walk stitch onto backing, which gives you the
pattern of where to put the patch, then I sew another walk stitch to hold
the patch down, then sew the name or whatever you want on the patch.  Then
you have to remove the walk stitches to get the patch off the backing.  I
have only done these a few times as they are a real pain.

Most my patches I just have done through BC Supply as they get them done
overseas for a great price ( just did 150 3.5" x 3.5" patches with 18k
stitches for $1.83 each, takes around 4 weeks)

Hope this helps !!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx