[amayausers] Re: Multiple selecting elements

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:02:08 -0700

Terri,

 Not being able to multi-select between 2 different "designs" within the
same OFM file is normal behavior. This is a limitation of the software. You
should be able to select multiple Expanded elements, as long as they are
within the same "design" in the ofm file.

 With that said, an explanation of the Lasso or Custom Selection tool is in
order as well. I cannot find an explanation of the Custom Selection or Lasso
tool in the DS help? I have already turned this in as a problem?

 The Custom Selection tool works as follows:
 It is intended for use to select multiple points, (either wire frame or
expanded) within the same object. An example would be to select all the
points on one side of a column by drawing the lasso around them instead of
holding the CTRL or SHFT keys down and selecting them. It is not intended to
select multiple objects, but as a tool for editing a single object.
 To use it, select it on the tool bar, then go to where you want to start
the lasso and click once with the mouse, (you do not have to click and hold
the mouse button), when done drawing the lasso or loop around the intended
points, press the Enter key to finish it. Now all the points, (wire frame or
expanded) within the lasso will be highlighted. They can be moved as a
group, deleted etc.

 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems