[amayausers] Re: Melco / Amaya clamping system

  • From: "HK Acree" <hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:03:46 -0800

Re: [amayausers] Melco / Amaya clamping systemJust got off the phone with
Hooptech. Super nice people. A few items to be aware of with this product.
1. The gritty material that is stuck to the base portion will come loose if you
store the clamp in the open position, always store it closed.
2. This device does not tension your garments as a regular hoop does.  You get
a heavy (thick ) top window  and a lighter stainless top window. The heavy one
provides no tension at all. It just clamps down on the item. The lighter one
does give you a little tension but in my opinion not enough to adequately
prepare a stretchy item for embroidery.

I got a call from one of my competitors last week seeking a bail out. They were
doing Carhartts, just above the pocket. Small design with fairly heavy complex
fill. Turns out they had broken all their plastic hoops trying to keep the
jackets in them. SLIMLINE Clamp to the rescue. Was skeptical about this product
but now would give it an excellent endorsement. (Thank you Haven Fry).

Herb
Royal Embroidery

      From: Ron Thompson <signguy.ron@xxxxxxxxx>
      Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:15:41 -0800
      To: Amaya Users <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      Subject: [amayausers] Melco / Amaya clamping system

      Hey Roland,

      In your email reply, you said "The new hoop clamp system would be perfect
for this-cut down your hooping
      time to mere seconds and easier to line up straight."

      Is there a website that I could see this clamp in action?

      Ron Thompson
      Signguy

      Poke-Me Signs
      (408) 254-2044