[amayausers] Re: Melco / Amaya clamping system

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:17:42 -0500

The Melco hoop is the same as the Hoopmaster-I think it's made by
them....melco site doesn't show anything-the Hoopmaster site does.
Limitations are the only problem-you can't slide something like a jacket
into the clamp-because of the 'hinge' you can only a short distance 'into'
or on an item-but for adding names, small 'pocket' logo, etc. you go
sideways-over the zipper and just flip the design. For knit hats (I'm still
trying to figure out what settings to use on those) scarfs, blankets,
totes-so far its great! Just open the clamp, slide on a backing sheet, slide
the tote or whatever in place, and clamp it down-all done right on the
machine. About 20 seconds or so to do it.
I may have 300 wedding napkins to do in the future-this would be perfect-no
hoop burn, no lineup-just slide it on and sew!
Roland

From: Ron Thompson <signguy.ron@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:15:41 -0800
To: Amaya Users <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] Melco / Amaya clamping system

Hey Roland,

In your email reply, you said "The new hoop clamp system would be perfect
for this-cut down your hooping
time to mere seconds and easier to line up straight."

Is there a website that I could see this clamp in action?

Ron Thompson
Signguy

Poke-Me Signs
(408) 254-2044