[amayausers] Re: False Bobbin Breaks

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tim Thomure" <tjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:39:02 -0700

First of all what version of software are you running?  Some of the earlier
versions had problems with this which are resolved on newer software.

Also, I run the tension on my bobbins a little tighter than Melco
recommends.

Is the problem on 1 needle or all of them.  You will find over time the
rubber wheel that feeds the thread will tend to get a groove in it.  Once
this groove is too deep it doesn't feed the thread right and will show up as
false bobbin breaks.  If you don't replace the wheel you will find the
thread jumping out of the groove and eventually it will give you a nice
birds nest.  Your machine came with a couple replacement wheels.  I have
replaced around 45 wheels between my 3 AMAYA's in the year that I have had
them.  Melco is working on different types of rubber to resolve this
problem.  If you lift up the lever, then use the tip of some sharp scissors
to remove the plastic piece, then you can see the wheel.  If you take 2
small screwdrivers or scissors you can easily pry the wheel out and replace.

If you are running caps you need to turn the bobbin sensor off.  It will not
work right when sewing caps.  Something to do with the raised needle plate I
believe.

Hope this helps.  If you are still having problems let us know.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Medford, OR