[amayausers.com] Re: DSPro+9 and Monitor Question

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 19:03:15 UT

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/291/2.html#000026

Just as a FYI thing,
if your willing to look around and no enough about computers to change a card
or know someone who will. I am including a link to a place I buy parts form but
there are many places out there.
We use 2 19" widescreens I bought matching monitors so that all my settings and
sizes would be equal. I paid $129 each at staples before Christmas at the good
sale time and here is a video card with 256MB of memory, for under $40.
 http://www.directron.com/2600pro256pe.html
anyway your PC has to have a PCI express video card port. which most in the
last 3 or 4 years do. and it's a matter of taking out one screw
unlatching the card holder snapping out the old and inserting the new then
reversing the process.

It can be intimidating for newbies but it relly is very easy, then you have to
install new drivers and set it up like Steve mentioned.
but for under $300 you could be running a cool dual monitor setup. or if you
already have on monitor you can get a similiar size and pay even less. and this
day and age go with an LCD if you were thinking of the old style CRT, it will
give much more desktop real estate and you.ll be glad you did.

You can always change the resolution to a higher DPI and get much more viewable
area on any monitor but everythin gets smaller and more detailed so if you ahve
trouble with the eyes this might not be a great choice. but it will help.

Good Luck
Ron

Oh and welcome back everyone!!