[amayausers.com] Re: DSPro+9 and Monitor Question

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 14:23:10 UT

This message was posted by Shuffletown Embroidery on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO
NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking
here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/291.html#000002

I'm switching to 2 monitors this week. The main one will be 23" with 1920x1080
resolution. I will use a 19" monitor to park the design tools and for other
applications.
I have set up my desk in an "L" configuration; one 3' and one 5' desk and a
corner insert. I'll put the 23" monitor on the 3' side and the 19" monitor on
the corner. It looks like it will work great.
I think you are considering getting one huge monitor instead of 2 smaller ones
because you won't need to have a dual monitor support card and you won't have
to worry about arranging your desk to accomodate 2 monitors. The down side I
can think of is that a bigger, higher resolution monitor may cost more money
than 2 smaller, higher resolution monitors. Then there is the issue of sitting
close to a big monitor without getting some serious neck strain.

As for the version 9 upgrade, I am really looking forward to the ability to
leave the properties window open. That is a huge improvement and a long time
coming. I am also very excited about the change to the operating system that
allows the use of the laser light to level the design in the hoop automatically
using the laser.

Good luck on your decisions.
Mary