[amayausers.com] Re: Colored Bobbin thread for an Amaya XT

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 14:56:19 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1028.html#000012

Yes the Bernina Artista 730E ("E" for embroidery...I see Bernina dropped the
"E" designator) bobbins and pig-tail bobbin case can be used on the Amaya XT if
you have to, but I recommend buying extra $4.99 bobbin cases from Allstitch
http://www.allstitch.net/product/standard-bobbin-case-style-l-1719.cfm  for the
Amaya XT because you won't want to always have to adjust the bobbin tension
over and over again if you use it in your Amaya XT and Bernina 730
interchangeably.  But there is no problem using the Bernina bobbins in Amaya or
Berninas.

Again, I would recommend getting extra $4.99 bobbin cases for each type of
thread you want to use on the Amaya.  Bobbin tension is so very picky on the
Amaya and $4.99 is such a cheap price to pay to have a different bobbin case
for each thread type.  It is a small price to pay to avoid the aggravation
involved to try to adjust the bobbin case for the proper tension.  Just mark
each bobbin case for the specific thread and use it just for that thread.  I
have 6 bobbin cases for the Amaya, including one only for the for the
Magna-Glides
http://www.allstitch.net/product/filtec-magnaglide-bobbins-style-l-white-1247.cfm
  which need their own tension setting.

If you haven't already, see my response to a thread about cotton thread
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1015.html  which may
be helpful too.

Ed Roux