[amayausers.com] Re: Colored Bobbin thread for an Amaya XT

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 20:32:57 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1028.html#000004

You can wind quilt thread (i.e., King Tut, YLI, etc.) on a metal L-bobbin.
However, I would recommend buying another L-style bobbin case which tension has
been adjusted specifically for a certain thread type so you don't have to
readjust the bobbin case tension back and forth when you switch have to switch
back to embroidery bobbin thread.  They are so cheap....I bought three bobbin
cases for under $8 each to use with different thread types.  Just make sure you
mark them with a permanent marker so you know which bobbin case is used for
which type of thread.

If you have the metal bobbins for the Bernina 1630, 180E, 200E, or 730E, these
will work in your Amaya bobbin case.

By the way, you can also use the same thread for the top as well.  I have had
no problems with them.

Enjoy!

Ed Roux