[amayausers.com] Re: Amaya Cruise

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 21:18:44 UT

This message was posted by Steve on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/5/1/6.html#000076

As someone who has been on many cruises (and flights), I would highly suggest
flying in the day before the cruise. There is just to much to go wrong with
airlines right now (And we all remember what happened with JetBlue on
Valentines Day last year. Or maybe it was the year before.) If the airfare is
too high, look at alternative airports such as FLL or even PBI and rent a car
one way to Miami. Remember, you are out your money if you don't show up before
the ship sails so you are better off flying in the day before and spend the
night in a hotel than to be out $1000 if you miss the ship. Plus you won't have
to get up at 4am to catch a 6am flight.
You could probably get a decent hotel for under $50 with Priceline near the
airport. Keep in mind there are no hotels within walking distance of the pier.