[access-uk] wayfinder

  • From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk-freelists.org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:20:05 +0100

Hi list
Graham if you email me offlist I could contact you via skype and let you listen to my wayfinder.
It is a lot better than you think.
I use the braille note gps and the wayfinder.
the wayfinder uses maps from the net there by most up to date maps are used e.g. speed cameras can be seen in your route.
it would take too long to compare the two gps systems but wayfinder is very very much cheaper but as Steve says is very accessible for a blind person to use.
you can download a trial version of wayfinder from there website but, you must have a gps receiver to use it correctly
remember I have a fortuna gps receiver for sale that would work on the phones with wayfinder.