[access-uk] Re: wayfinder

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 08:29:12 +0100

Do you know if Wayfinder would work with a connection that is specifically for WAP? I am on O2 pay and go, which restricts our usage to only connect to wap gateways. Thanks for your help.

Andrew Hodgson wrote:

Hi,

GPS only provides the location details - i.e, where you are in co-ordinates. The program doesn't know anything about the co-ordinates, which is why it downloads the relevant maps from the GPRS (confusing) via the Internet. That is why Wayfinder works best in an area with signal, because it sometimes does have to download extra maps.

However, I have never had an area without signal such that I lost complete map
coverage.

Thanks.
Andrew.