[access-uk] Re: usb mobile sticks

  • From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:33:18 +0000

Hi uranium firstly thanks for this I was playing chess last weekend in Derby where I met Andy Smith. he says his wife Marg knows you and sends on her regards. she is trying to sell her pk. now to the sticks. at this moment in time I like the vodafone one as the software is accessible. and for Scott the skype works fine. thanks to Steve Nutt who gave some info how to make skype better I use skype 4 and it works a treat.

i used skype a lot last weekend to ring home and the cost was very small.
also the talking books was small. this is something I must check out. to-day I am going to ring andy for a chess lesson for him and I will do it on my netbook and see what the cost is. with vodafone you can go in the software and click the click the cost button or whatever it is. it then goes online and says how much you have left. I think the mobile stick has made a real difference as when away the internet is everything.
thanks to Annabel and Steve for there help.
cheers then.
At 09:24 11/03/2009, you wrote:
Hi John.

Totally agree with you with regards mobile broadband, I'm always listening to talking books through the bookstream book club on my netbook when travelling. I like it so much that I took out a contract with 15GB of data allowance, plus I get free unlimited skype to skype calls which don't impact my data allowance. I suggest you find out what your allowance will do for you on Vodafone as skype does tend to be quite bandwidth hungry.

All the best, Ibrahim.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Gallagher" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>