[access-uk] Re: long canes

  • From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:52:47 -0000

Andy:

this would be better on the vi general access list first off, but yes I can
tell you the differences.

Revolution
<http://onlineshop.rnib.org.uk/display_item.asp?n=11&c=49&sc=293&id=2797&it=
1&l=3&d=0> Advantage Metal glide tip, push-on style

this tip is a tip similar to a mushroom tip in a traditional long cane.

£5.00    £5.88

Revolution
<http://onlineshop.rnib.org.uk/display_item.asp?n=11&c=49&sc=293&id=3676&it=
1&l=3&d=0> Advantage Palmtip, push-on style

the palm tip is a bigger tip made of plastic with a rubber flexi thing on it
which makes the plastic flex and bend a little, which is an easier action
than the metal glide tip.
£14.50   £17.04

Revolution
<http://onlineshop.rnib.org.uk/display_item.asp?n=11&c=49&sc=293&id=2452&it=
1&l=3&d=0> Advantage Pencil tip, push-on style

this tip is a pest in cane terms, snags all over the joint and will make
your cane use a trial of wills between you and your infernal pole. ammo that
is.
£3.00    £3.53

Revolution
<http://onlineshop.rnib.org.uk/display_item.asp?n=11&c=49&sc=293&id=3090&it=
1&l=3&d=0> Advantage Roller ball tip, push-on style
now I've never  used this tip, but by it's description, it sounds a real
nice one to use.  won't snag in other words.  a real smoothly.

£10.50   £12.34

Revolution
<http://onlineshop.rnib.org.uk/display_item.asp?n=11&c=49&sc=293&id=2799&it=
1&l=3&d=0> Advantage Roller tip, push-on style

now this is the roller tip, much as you describe you already use.

£10.50   £12.34

Revolution
<http://onlineshop.rnib.org.uk/display_item.asp?n=11&c=49&sc=293&id=2798&it=
1&l=3&d=0> Advantage Teardrop tip, push-on style

now this tip is a pest to use, as it will work well for a few weeks, then as
it gets worn, it will become similar in use to the pencil tip.  jarring all
over the joint ammo.

and yes you will pay the lower price as you are blind and don't pay vat.

hth.

Hope to hear from you soon.

From Martin.

Please email me at: