[access-uk] Re: long canes

Re people not having to buy their own wheelchairs - actually in
practice yes a lot of people do have to buy their own.  You may get
one if you meet certain criteria and wait for ages on the NHS, but you
may not get one that entirely meets your needs.  Also wheelchairs can
cost several thousands so not quite on a par with a replacement cane
tip.  Not saying we shouldn't be provided with cane tips, but
correcting your assumptions here.

Catherine