[access-uk] Using Skype

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:30:53 -0000

Guys, I have just gone through the process of setting up a Skype account
(finally), and have been asked the following question, for which there are
three radio buttons I can choose to check.  It is telling me that another
program wants to use Skype, and do I want to allow this, allow it but ask
later, or not allow it.  My feeling is to go with the latter because JAWS isn't
telling me what the other program is, and says there could be a security threat
if I allow it.  But I don't want to disable something else that might need to
use it, if you see what I mean.

Any suggestions please?

Many many thanks to everyone for their help.  I wanted to do this on my own so
closed my eyes, held my breath and did (smiles).  I'm not a great installer of
programs if all is working, but I've been curious to try out Skype and felt the
only way to ever know what it's like is to get on with it.

Jackie