[access-uk] Re: Burning DVD disks

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 15:23:04 +0100

Hi Roger,

The DVD market is a veritable minefield.

If you look at the DELL specs for Ali's drive, it states
that you can only record DVD+R and DVD +RW, yet it will read
and play what appears to be just about everything else.

http://support.ap.dell.com/support/edocs/storage/p46434/en/s
pecs.htm

On the other hand, the Philips LiteScribe SPD6001BD/00
claims to write to -R and -RW as well.

That said, 3 out of 5 of Philips own brand DVD-RW failed to
write on my Litescribe, which is a real pain when you need
to write a 3 GIG Vista image.

George.