[access-uk] Re: Broad Band Speed

  • From: "Colin Phelan" <colin_phelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 20:40:24 +0100

Thanks Jonathon, results below
Bundled from Orange yes although recently handed over our land line to them
from BT up until then we just used broad band from Orange.
All Orange equipment, they have not said much yet on the subject
Not plugged into master socket as that is some distance away
I am thinking my pc is a bit shot and will also bring home work lap top
tomorrow which is new and test speed on that as I said results below, many
thanks Colin

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
        Download  Speed
        0.5 Mbps

0 Mbps  21 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

 Download speed achieved during the test was - 0.5 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds  is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 9.85 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
        Upload Speed
        0.89 Mbps

0 Mbps  0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed  achieved during the test was - 0.89Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be
useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.
If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If
not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for
further assistance with these results.

Please visit FAQ section if you are unable To understand the test results.

Notes:
The Download Speed is the average rate that was achieved during this test.

Notes:
Your line is configured to the maximum rate that it can support or at your
chosen fixed rate, this is known as the line rate and would be viewed
through your CPE software or in your router configuration.
Your IP profile is always less than the line rate and is normal on any
network.
The Upstream Test rate figure quoted will always be smaller than the assured
rate profile. This is because in order for the throughput to reach its
destination, it requires an overhead which explains the difference between
the two.

Notes:
If your download speed lies in this range then your connection seems to be
working fine.