[access-uk] Re: Broad Band Speed

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 15:01:29 +0100

Hi there,

Megabits per second (Mb/s) is the measure of broadband speed.  So a reading
of .83 is definitely extremely poor.  Are you running any other apps when
the speed test is run?  Have you tried different times of day or night to
see if you get the same issue consistently?

One thing to check is to disable to antivirus software before running the
test.  If still poor connect phone cable to the test socket (master BT
socket) and then try again.  Remember always to run speed tests from a
system  connected to the router or phone socket with a physical cable, never
over a wireless network.

HTH to start with.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein Patwa
Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)
Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/hussein_patwa
Skype: patwaspotterfan2
Web: www.patwanet.co.uk
Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

Please note: Calls from witheld numbers may not be connected.  Please
release your number so it can be viewed prior to calling.  Calls may be
recorded for fact verification.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or
sensitive information and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s).
Copying or distribution in any form is not permitted without the sender?s
prior consent.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it
and any attachments and notify the sender immediately.