[access-uk] Re: Bluetooth

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:24:38 +0100

Hi Saqib I bought a similar one I am sure.  Mine did not need any software
installation which was what I wanted.  Now I cannot help much here because I
use Supernova and I tend to rely on magnification also.  What I do is plug my
USB dongle in to the USB port and ensure that I have Bluetooth turned on via
Tools, Communications on my phone.  Then I ensure that the USB Bluetooth is
active on my computer by going to Start, All Programmes, Accessories,
Communications, Bluetooth.  there is then a wizard which is a very small one.
I can't think what the first page says but I know I click next.  Then I am
asked if I want to send or receive and here there is a radio button.  I ensure
that I am saying I want to receive.  Now again can't remember if it is on that
screen or the next, I think on that same screen, I need to pair the bluetooth
so that it sees my phone.  I then have to enter 4 zeros to pair the two devices
and there is a button on my screen to look for Bluetooth devices.  My phone is
called Burke in this instance and  I then attempt to send the file from
thephone and wait and hear what is said.  Now sorry I am not telling this very
well but if you are still stuck I will go through the process myself step by
step and let you know off list.

Eleanor