[access-uk] Re: Apple VS Windows

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:27:24 -0000

Well Ray, the whole thing of accessing DTP programs like Quark and Page Maker has always fascinated me, and that's what endears me so much to the Mac. I would be interested in it for all the things I can't do now, not how better it could be to Windows or enhancing what I know already. I had everyone completely tearing their hair out at college because I pushed and pushed to try to understand what things looked like that I wanted to do. And that's why I hit it off with a guy from the Graphics department, because he could lock into my mind and re-produce for me what I wanted to turn out. I must have driven them mad with my obsession to produce every detail on the newspaper front page I was working on.

Next year, I may well return to the Mac to see where it's at with speech. It's a very interesting thread that I like to follow.

Jackie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>