[access-uk] Re: Accessible online banking

  • From: "phil stephenson" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:39:30 -0000

hi Terry and all others who have responded to this thread,

it seems like the main contenders so far are Barclays, natwest and
Nationwide....now I know all sites / services SHOULD be accessible but I'm
sure we all know that there is a big gap between what should be (even if the
law states it) and what actually is.  I still need to do some more playing
around with our current bank site, IF but if necessary we are prepared to
switch provided we get a comparable if not better service - the one thing I
didn't like about Barclays when we used them a few years ago was the way
they made you pay for services e.g. overdrafts etc - I'm not naive enough to
think that just because other banks don't charge up front they don't hide
charges in other costs but well that does mean we will need to look
carefully at what we get and who we go with.

Thanks though again Terry for your comments and the many others who have
done so.

From what you and others have said these card readers are simply another
form of security that some banks are bringing in, glad to hear there are
talking versions, will have to bear this in mind when making decisions.

Thanks again,

Phil

  _____