[access-uk] Re: Accessible Editing Software

  • From: "Steve Hyde-Dryden" <csdryden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 12:18:44 +0100

Hi Jackie,

OK, well I would have recommended trialing out Studio Recorder as its an
extremely accessible product with jaws but, if you are going to need multi
track recording then this won't work.  Goldwave would be a cheaper solution
which I believe has some multi track capability though how extensive this
is, I'm afraid I don't know.  Audacity could be a free solution but again,
I've never found it great with Jaws.  The most comprehensive and accessible
package I've found for serious studio quality recording which, is very much
an industry standard product, is Cakewalks Sonar.  Expensive yes, but its
full of features, editing facilities, effects and a variety of conversion
formats.  Free scripts are available called jSonar and there are also the
caketalkin scripts which I believe George still does.  If your at
University, perhaps you could get it via your DSA.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Best wishes

Steve