[zxspectrum] Re: Membrane ZX

  • From: nemesis <stridermolko@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zxspectrum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 17:22:47 +0200

Il 25/09/2010 16:51, Fabio Rizzo ha scritto:
Rich Mellor wrote:
 On 25/09/2010 12:56, Fabio Rizzo wrote:
cerelli@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
A proposito di membrane, quelle di RWAP o Sintech mi sembrano piuttosto costosette (bontà a parte), possibile che sia così difficile (ri)produrle qua' da noi ???

Perchè, secondo te è possibile fare "qualche cosa" qui da noi ?

(sorry for having to respond in English)....

I think it is funny when people suggest that membranes are too expensive to purchase and therefore want to try and produce their own cheaper replacement.

Neither us nor Sintech make much profit on each membrane sold - and in order to be able to charge the prices we do, we have to have several hundred made !

I really do agree with you Rich, infact my answer was to our friend Cerelli was a bit ironical . I'm sure that no one in Italy would a spend a bit of time and money in projecting and building any spare part for the Sinclair Computer, just because is almost impossilble to make profit on that .

It's easy to say that something is to much expensive; from my point of view I'm very glad and happy that Rwap or Sintech is still selling Sinclair spare parts .

Bye

Some years ago I bought one of rwap's membranes and it still work!
Nevermind the price, here's a working 48k !!!