[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Getting basics working

  • From: Tim Channon <tc@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 15:58:56 +0100

Windows.
0.8
ZBS local Lua will operate simple scripts of my own. Any require of alien binary libraries is where this can't be used.

The system Lua here which is binary incompatible is completely reliable. Using it seems to need remote debug via TCP/IP.

Adding this to a script
require('mobdebug').start
and making the scripts available invokes external Lua.

Producing
Compilation error on line 2:

"skipcompile = true"
//www.freelists.org/post/zerobrane/Program-Compilation-error-in-Zerobrane,3
Unclear where to put it, this is a clue
http://www.murga-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=422
Put it in
 ... \zerobrane\interpreters\luabase.lua"

user.lua created with
path.lua = ' to system lua '

Debug server reports port 8172

And
"The instruction at 0x66d8171d referenced memory at 0x00000061.
The memory could not be read."

Debugging dynamically linked progs is not something I fancy doing, done that too often over the years.

The temporary file if it is created then vanishes, IYSWIM. Are a couple in the temp directory and name the script so something happens.

Not a lot of help.

Regards
Tim

On 18/09/2014 04:38, Paul K wrote:
Hi Tim,

ZB called this, exception.
Sorted this out as far as appearing to load the other executable via sockets,
disable compile, but then the remote excepts again.

I'm sure there is a way to make it run, but I need to have more
information to provide suggestions. What operating system are you
using? What version of ZBS? Have you tried with the most recent (0.80)
version? Are you running your application from ZBS or are you trying
remote debugging? Have you tried using sample scripts that ship with
ZBS? What kind of exceptions are you getting?

Paul.

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Tim Channon <tc@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Several times in the past I have attempted to get zerobane to work.

On trying again I've met another blank wall.

Using a version of 5.1 which is binary incompatible with standard but
operates as standard. Ought to be trivial.

ZB called this, exception.
Sorted this out as far as appearing to load the other executable via
sockets, disable compile, but then the remote excepts again.

No clues. Nothing documented I can see. I guess this is irresolvable but
asking won't do any harm.