[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Program Compilation error in Zerobrane

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 15:16:52 -0800

Hi Milind,

> Actually I have selected Lua and my System user.lua has this line: path.lua =
> 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Lua/5.1/lua.exe' so shouldn't it be using this
> interpreter?

It does use that interpreter, but only for execution, not compilation.
If you want to skip compilation step completely, you can add
"skipcompile = true" to the interpreter code and it will skip
compilation step when you want to do Run/Debug (look at
interpreters/gslshell.lua file for an example).

> My pattern matching string is: "(.-)[\\\/]". I am creating a character set to
> match the '\' or '/' slash. So I escape each of them with a back slash. How
> should I change this for LuaJIT?

Replace "\/" with "/". The list of allowed escapes is here:
http://www.lua.org/pil/2.4.html. All the others will trigger the error
you see in LuaJIT and in Lua 5.2.

Paul.