[yunqa.de] Re: Support for load_extension() function in SQLiteSpy

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 07:59:34 +0100

On 08.03.2011 04:43, Tom Holden wrote:

> Thank you, Ralf! Now I will have to explore becoming a Delphi
> developer... Where there's will, there's a way ;-).
>
> What version of Delphi would be needed (preferably cheap)?

DISQLite3 and extensions compile with any version of Delphi, starting
with Delphi 4 (see compilers in the top-left box of the DISQLite3
website at http://www.yunqa.de/delphi/doku.php/products/sqlite3/index.

So which to choose? Delphi 7 is known for its stability, Delphi 2007 is
the latest non-Unicode version. Both are outdated today, but still
popular. The current Delphi is now called Delphi XE. It features
defaults all strings to Unicode, at the cost of slightly larger binaries.

However, you do not need a Unicode Delphi to handle Unicode text with
DISQLite3, old WideStrings work just as well.

As said, any version starting with Delphi 4 will do, so pick whatever
you can get your hands on.

Good luck,