[yunqa.de] Re: Support for load_extension() function in SQLiteSpy

  • From: Tobias Rapp <t.rapp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:10:28 +0100

I wrote:
> Delphi Inspiration wrote:
> > Therefore I am not sure if this justifies the amount of work to
> > implement and maintain loadable extensions for DISQLite3. All SQLite
> > core functions must be wrapped by a "cdecl" to "fastcall" translation
> > wrapper.
> >
> > Is this worth the effort? What do others think?
>
> In that case it is not worth the effort, I think. If I really want to
> create my extension I will use it with the sqlite3.exe binary then.

On a second thought: How about ensuring the extension fits to SQLiteSpy by
requiring the DLL to have some dummy "disqlite3_init" export function? And/or
use a custom "load_di_extension()" SQL wrapper function to load the plugin? I
admit it feels "hacky" but that would allow to use SQLiteSpy for ad-hoc
debugging of applications compiled with DISQLite3.

If extensions can be loaded by SQLiteSpy or not: Thanks for the nice
SQLite debugging tool!

Tobias