[yunqa.de] Re: Pre-sale questions about DIHtmlParser

  • From: Edwin Yip <edwin.yip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 13:12:21 +0800

Hi Ralf,

I'll check DIXML out.

Re the compiler error, are you sure it doesn't depend on dicontainers?  Your
dihtmlparser installer have 3 files - dicontainer.dcu/.obj/.hpp installed in
the D2010 subfolder, once I delete those 3 files and compile the demos
(tried 3 ones), I got:

[DCC Fatal Error] Common.pas(51): F1026 File not found: 'DIContainers.dcu'

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 1:03 AM, Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 26.10.2011 18:35, Edwin Yip wrote:
>
> > Since I had a problem (error message below) compiling the DIHtmlParser
> > samples in the trial version, so I want to ask you instead here.
> >
> >  1. After parsing a HTML, will the DOM tree looks like the one defined
> >     by W3C?
> >  2. Does each node of the parsed DOM tree has a property telling the
> >     line number in the source HTML file? E.g. a <p> node should have a
> >     property called something like SourceLine/SourceCharIdx indicating
> >     it's line number and character index in the source html file.
>
> DIHtmlParser does not build a DOM tree. It returns one piece of HTML
> after another just as they appear in the document. You can set up
> various filters dynamically to simplify data extraction or manipulation.
>
> You can use DIXml (http://yunqa.de/delphi/doku.php/products/xml/index)
> to create DOM trees from HTML documents. See the DIXml_Node_Tree demo
> for a working example.
>
> > Error msg (it's D2010)
> > [DCC Fatal Error] Common.pas(51): F2051 Unit DIContainers was compiled
> > with a different version of DITypes.PStringInteger
>
> Are you using the newest DIHtmlParser with an older DIContainers? They
> are not compatible. Please update your DIContainers installation or
> (temporarily) uninstall your DIContainers library from the Delphi IDE.
>
> DIHtmlParser does not depend on DIContainers, it includes all required
> files. But it contains some files which are also part of DIContainers,
> so mixing old and new versions can lead to incompatibilities.
>
> Ralf

Best Regards,
Edwin Yip

Mind Mapping is as Effortless as Typing