[yunqa.de] Re: DISQLite3 ver. 1.6.1 memory leak

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:14:18 +0200

Radovan Antloga wrote:

>If I understand how sqlite3_shutdown works I think you can explicitly call it
>with no harm in DISQLite3Api finalization section.

True. It will nevertheless create a minimal overhead for applicatins which do
not initialize DISQLite3 or explicitly shut it down before the finalization
section is executed.

>I would not use sqlite3_initialize in DISQLite3Api initialize section as you
>explained why not. I use sqlite3_shutdown in DISQLite3Database finalization
>section with no problems even if library did not call sqlite3_initialize.

There were no further memory leak reports resulting from missing calls to
sqlite3_shutdown, so I am a little reluctant to add the extra finalization
section unless it is an issue for many users. So if any of you want to see a
sqlite3_shutdown finalization section in DISQLite3Api.pas, please let me know.