[yshavurah] Thank you, G-d!

  • From: "Johanna" <rebiljoj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bonnie wood" <woodbb@xxxxxxx>,"arnold strauss" <pataxman@xxxxxxxx>,"julie orenstein" <jorenste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"yellow springs havurah" <yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 16:34:51 -0500

As most of you know, this summer I was quite ill.  Although I have felt fully
recovered, there was a funky protein that I was wasting that might have
indicated that I had the same disease that killed my mother; multiple myoloma.
Although I had no particular symptoms of this disease, it's possible it was in
the early stages.  The docs took a wait and see attitude and wanted me tested
again in November.

Well, I just got the test results and I'm just fine, thank you very much!!
This is the best Hanukkah present I could possibly imagine.

The protein was a by-product of the acute kidney disease that now has pretty
much resolved itself.

Given all the difficulties our little community has been going through, I
wanted to share the good news.

Johanna