[yshavurah] Fwd: Fw: The Zoo

  • From: Dosberners@xxxxxxx
  • To: yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 21:44:24 EST

From: "ESTELLE S WINICKI" <estellew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "nance parent" <Dosberners@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Fw: The Zoo
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 18:25:25 -0700

From: <SSSMA@xxxxxxx>
To: <estellew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: The Zoo

In a message dated 12/3/02 6:53:06 AM, estellew@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< The Zoo attachments didnot come through.  Any other way of sending it?

estelle >>

there was no attatchemet when i sent it......

Dov is an actor -- or, at least, he would be if he could find a job.

> He is down and out, and ready to settle for anything, any opportunity.

> Finally he gets a lead. He discovers a job described in the classified ads

as

> follows: "Actor needed to play ape."

> "I could do that," says Dov. To his surprise, the employer turns out to

be

> none other than the recruitment director for the local zoo. The director

> confesses that owing to past mismanagement, the zoo has spent so much

money

> renovating the grounds and improving the habitat that they can no longer

> afford to import the ape they needed to replace Betsy, their previous ape,

> who is now in ape-Heaven. He offers Dov the job of playing a real, live

ape.

> Out of desperation, Dov accepts the offer. At first, Dov feels weird in

his

> new job. His conscience keeps nagging at him, telling him that he is being

> dishonest by fooling the zoo-goers. And as you might expect, he feels

rather

> undignified in the ape suit, stared at by crowds of observers who watch

his

> every move from the other side of the cage.

But after a couple of days on the job, he actually begins to be amused by

all the attention. He even starts

> to put on a bit of a show for the customers: hanging upside-down from the

> branches by his legs, swinging about on the looming vines, climbing up the

> cage walls, and roaring with all his might whilst beating his chest.

Indeed,

> he begins to become quite a popular attraction at the zoo, drawing a

sizable

> crowd. One day, when showing off to a group of kids on a school trip, Dov

> starts swinging about on the vines with the greatest agility, when all of

> sudden his hand slips, and he goes flying over the fence into the

neighboring

> cage, the lion's den! Recovering from the fall, Dov lifts up his head to

see