[yoshimi] Re: Eating your own dog food...

  • From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 17:24:44 +0000

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 10:50:05 -0500
Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromcj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I recommend running it under Valgrind. The main hassle with valgrind
is that it also shows the memory issues in code that isn't yours (e.g.
X Windowing).

Unfortunately that becomes a needle-haystack problem. I can't remember why now,
but I tried running Yoshimi under valgrind once before, and it got buried under
Xruns even with ridiculously large buffer sizes. This is less than ideal when
you are looking for the cause of Xruns!

Yeah, I've saved all your missives for when I get arsed to update
yoshimi-doc. It'll be a pretty big job by the time I get around
to it.

Is there anyway others can assist here? It's docbook isn't? (something I know
nothing about apart from the name). We might have folks here who don't feel up
to coding but would like to help out in other ways.

I'm close to getting the event editor to work in Sequencer64 (major
fork of seq24.)

Pleased to hear it :)

--
Will J Godfrey