[ycnews] Join the #GYF1 Campaign!

  • From: Youth Coalition <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ycnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 21:56:27 -0500

This week marks the one-year anniversary of the 2012 Global Youth Forum in
Bali. As a reminder to governments and the upcoming ICPD+20 review, the
Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Rights (YCSRR) has compiled a
list of sample Tweets and Facebook messages.

Please join us in raising our demands and holding governments accountable
to the Bali Declaration!

*HOW TO JOIN*

It’s easy! Review the list of Tweets and Facebook posts below. Beginning
Wednesday December 4th until Friday December 6th, change your FB Banner to
the attached (FB_Banner.jpg) and include any (or all!) of the sample Tweets
and Facebook posts below to your page or come up with your own! Be sure to
include #GYF1

Want to include pictures? Check out some of the ones we’ve attached to this
email! Or visit http://bit.ly/1befFkB for more options (being sure to
source any photos used).

*TWEETS*

Young people want in – our demands must be part of #ICPD2014!
http://bit.ly/19dsus3 #GYF1

Govts must provide non-discriminatory, non-judgmental, rights-based, age
appropriate, gender-sensitive health education #GYF1

Govts should remove legal, policy & regulatory barriers hindering
meaningful participation & empowerment of #youthrights #GYF1

Govts must recognize all families in legal, policy & programmatic
frameworks that ensure everyone's right to form a family #GYF1 #LGBTIQ

Govts should ensure that young #women have access to safe and legal
#abortion, including pre- and post-abortion services #GYF1 #ICPD2014

We still demand safe/legal #abortion, mat care, contraception, #HIV/STI
prevention, care, treatment & counseling! #GYF1 #ICPDyouth

#Safeabortion for young #women includes NO mandatory waiting periods,
required parental/spousal or age of consent #ICPD2014 #GYF1

*FACEBOOK MESSAGES*

A year ago, at the Global Youth Forum, young people from all over the world
recommended that..."Governments must provide non-discriminatory,
non-judgmental, rights-based, age appropriate, gender-sensitive health
education." Let’s make it happen! #GYF1 #ICPD2014 http://bit.ly/19dsus3

"Governments should remove legal, policy and regulatory barriers that
hinder the meaningful participation and empowerment of young people to
exercise and claim their rights." - Bali Youth Forum Declaration, #ICPD
review. Let’s ensure that our recommendations are implemented! #GYF1
#youthrights http://bit.ly/19dsus3

In December 2012, hundreds of young delegates gathered in Bali from all
over the world at the #ICPD20 Global Youth Forum to demand that "the
concept of the family is constantly evolving and governments must recognize
this by adapting legal, policy and programmatic frameworks that embrace
every form of family and ensure the right of everyone to form a family,
regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity" #GYF1 #LGBTIQ
http://bit.ly/19dsus3

"Governments must provide comprehensive sexual and reproductive health
services that include safe and legal abortion, maternity care,
contraception, HIV and STI prevention, care, treatment and counseling to
all young people." This is what hundreds of young people demanded at the
Bali Global Youth Forum a year ago. We want this to become a reality!
#ICPDyouth #GYF1 #youthrights http://bit.ly/19dsus3

As part of the 20 year review of the #ICPD, the Global Youth Forum was held
a year ago, one of the key recommendations was that "Governments should
decriminalize abortion, and create and implement policies and programs that
ensure young #women have access to safe and legal #abortion, pre- and
post-abortion services, without mandatory waiting periods, requirements for
parental and spousal notification and/or consent or age of consent." Let's
continue what was started last year! #ICPD20 #GYF1 http://bit.ly/19dsus3

Last year, young people came together at the Global Youth Forum, in the
light of the 20 year review of the ICPD and recommended: "Cultural and
religious barriers such as parental and spousal consent, and early and
forced marriages, should never prevent access to family planning, safe and
legal abortion, and other reproductive health services – recognizing that
young people have autonomy over their own bodies, pleasures and
desires" #GYF1 http://bit.ly/19dsus3

A year ago the Bali Youth Forum Declaration presented a clear list of
recommendations that need to be considered in the light of the #ICPD2014.
Let's keep this as a cornerstone while moving towards #CPD47 on the
assessment of the status of implementation of the ICPD PoA in April 2014!
#GYF1 http://bit.ly/19dsus3

*TO KEEP IN MIND *

Here are a few things to keep in mind when creating your own #GYF1 message:

   - Be sure to use the hashtag #GYF1
   - Emphasize that the Global Youth Forum was part of the ICPD review, not
   something separate that can be ignored.
   - Make connections to the upcoming #CPD2014
   - Link to the Bali Declaration using: http://bit.ly/19dsus3
   - We’d love to re-tweet you! Make sure your tweets aren’t missed by
   adding our handle @youth_coalition

*QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?*

Please write to programs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--

You have received this message because you are subscribed to
YCNews<http://youthcoalition.org/html/subscribe.php?cnt=2>

Like us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/youthcoalition> | Follow us on
Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/youth_coalition> | Visit our
Website<http://www.youthcoalition.org/>