Re: netbooks, keyboards, old-fashioned Xy4 DOS

  • From: J R FOX <jr_fox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:56:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 7/15/10, Lisa Kleinholz <lkleinholz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Remaining needs to enhance the experience:

> 1. an inexpensive LCD monitor somewhat larger than my netbook screen.
> 2. a cheap, super-light remappable keyboard.

> Any suggestions?

Glad it's been working out for you, but don't all these add-ons
negate the main point of a netbook ?

I have no ideas re item 2.  In regard to item 1, this is likely
larger than you had in mind (17"), but I've liked the Viewsonic
VG 930m.  In LCD, it is one of the "last of the Mohicans" for
those who prefer a 4:3 aspect ratio over 16:9 in a computer
monitor.  (Perhaps not too many people want that anymore, as
it is an option that seems to be on the endangered list.)

  Jordan