netbooks, keyboards, old-fashioned Xy4 DOS

  • From: Lisa Kleinholz <lkleinholz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:43:09 -0700 (PDT)

In case there is anyone left out there, I've just solved multiple problems
(obsolete hardware) by buying a netbook that runs XP home. XY4 Dos was easy to
set up. I added some old Word software (via a cheap external DVD drive) so I
can
convert Xy files to Word docs for delivery. I added an Avant Stellar keyboard
(with function keys on left, and PS2 to USB cable), remapped CTRL, ALT & CAPS
LOCK.

Everything works perfectly. The keyboard, remapped, also works fine on my Mac
iBook, with Xy4 running nicely in DosBox.

Remaining needs to enhance the experience:

1. an inexpensive LCD monitor somewhat larger than my netbook screen.
2. a cheap, super-light remappable keyboard.

Any suggestions?