Re: Converting files to RTF?

  • From: Ralph Dumain <rdumain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:29:41 -0400

Thanks. This is what I found:

http://holmgren.home.acedsl.com/filters.htm

This is DOS-based conversion. I'm still using Windows 2000 Professional, but I don't think I can drop down to DOS from there. I still have an older Windows 95 computer gathering dust, so in a pinch I guess I'd have to use that if there's no easier way. Ultimately, I need to convert my files to RTF or HTML. I can't afford to squander money on FileMerlin for the paltry level on which I'm operating.

Also, my original files are XyWrite II+, not XyWrite III, but hopefully the file formats are identical. I did not do anything enormously complex with XyWrite.

I find the instructions rather confusing, but it seems that these would apply:

Export from Xy3+ to Microsoft's Rich Text Format:

W4W17F.EXE ThreePlus_source_filename /N /V1
then generate a Rich Text Format result in the Latin-1 (CodePage 850) charset:
W4W19T.EXE RTF_target_filename /N /V0pa

There must be an easier way. Does the converter pack for Windows 2000 support conversion from XyWrite?