Re: Can I get full screen in windows 7 32 bit

  • From: Patricia M Godfrey <pmgodfrey@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 16:58:11 -0400

Carl,

Are you serious? I absolutely refuse to have an "always on" connection. I
rarely use the Net on my own machine (if I have to browse extensively, I
go to the Library; let them clean it up) for anything but e-mail, and
want to be able to pull the plug (as I can with my EVDO AirCard) the
minute  I even suspect something nasty is trying to climb aboard. I am
totally paranoid about the Net: there is no security, no privacy. And
yes, I have anivirus (Avast), a firewall (ZoneAlarm), and use K-Meleon as
the browser of choice (one of the least used, so less likely to be
targeted).

It's a shame. The Internet was a great idea, but between the pathetic
users who reply to Nigerian scams, click on links allegedly from their
banks, and download plugins and cookies, to the worthy but technically
ignorant companies and organizations that let techies design "way cool"
sites for them, full of JavaScript and Flash and plug-ins and cookies
that lay their sites (and the PCs of anyone who accepts these extras)
open to cross-site scripting, hijacking, spam, scams, et hoc genus omne
nefandum--as I say, no security, no privacy. When I think of what the
High Middle Ages (Albertus Magnus, Scotus, Aquinas, that other fellow Fr.
Jaki was always writing about, whose name I cannot remember) could have
done with computers, I want to cry.

With regard to full screen, recall that because of my extreme myopia, I
cannot use high resolution screens: the type and icons are too small.
That may be why I cannot get full screen.

Patricia
Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4de2b41f68cf312d77m04vuc