[wkars-announce] WEST KENT ARS MEETING REMINDER

  • From: secretary@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wkars-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 22:11:27 +0100

Dear club colleagues and friends, our club meeting this Monday evening the
11th of May, will be a presentation by Paul Hyde G4CSD who will present one
of his talks - *PRACTICAL RADIO ASTRONOMY FOR AMATEURS.*

In the synopsis for his talk, Paul states; Most people think radio
astronomy needs large parabolic dish antennas and complex electronic
equipment, making it unsuitable for amateurs. However there are
applications that require relatively modest amounts of hardware and are
suitable for domestic environments.

The talk will describe how amateur radio astronomy can provide observations
on solar activity, Jupiter emissions and meteor showers, whilst more
ambitious systems can reveal the structure of the Milky Way or detect radio
galaxies many millions of light years away.

The meeting will commence at 8pm and non members are very welcome to attend
this meeting, for which we would ask a donation of £2 to cover costs, which
includes a tea/coffee and biscuits, during an interval break.

West Kent ARS

See www.wkars.org.uk for full club information

Manage your list entry: //www.freelists.org/list/wkars-announce