[Wittrs] Correction - Re: What would Wittgenstein have said?

  • From: "SWM" <SWMirsky@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 21:59:30 -0000

Also, Gordon, where is your argument for the claim that I and Dennett, in
denying a dualistic dichotomy re: the physical and the mental, are really
affirming it?

I see you skipped over this issue in your last reply to me. That's fine, of
course. You aren't obliged to defend a claim if you prefer to drop it. Just be
consistent and don't make it again as we go forward in these discussions
because that would be disingenuous, i.e., ducking out on defending a claim
while still insisting it's true.

On the other hand, if you do now want to support the claim, I'm still willing
to consider your argument(s) and, in fact, would be very interested to do so.

Thanks.